Situated in the heart of Warburg, Alberta, the Warburg Cultural Centre lies within blocks of other points of interest. Erected in 1932 as St. Charles Roman Catholic Church, the structure was decommissioned in 2004 and purchased by Gene Begg.
Concerned over what might happen to this lovely heritage building, a small group of citizens formed the Warburg Cultural Society. There are a number of sports facilities in Warburg but nothing to advance arts and culture in the region. The former church would make an ideal facility in which to offer cultural programming.
With a grant from Alberta’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the society purchased the building in 2007. It has since been been working to preserve the church’s ambience and enhance cultural development in the Warburg area.
With seating for up to 200, the centre is an ideal venue for year-round functions.